Stay home? See the family doctor? Isolate yourself? People with flu symptoms ask themselves these anxious questions in times of the coronavirus pandemic. The COVID guide will help you to find out what the next steps are.
COVID-Guide is a medical device and is developed in accordance with the European Medical Device Directive (93/42 / EEC MDD, MDR).
- COVID-19 is the disease caused by a new type of coronavirus, which causes respiratory infections that range from colds through to serious illnesses.
- The most common symptoms are fever, a dry cough and a sore throat.
- The intensity of the symptoms may differ: from minor to severe.
- About 20% of people infected with the virus need more intensive care and nursing. Older people in particular may experience a more severe course of the disease. This group of patients suffers more frequently from chronic diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease. In the case of infectious diseases, special attention should be paid to these patients.
- If you get a cough and fever over 38.3 degrees in the coming days, please consult the COVID-Guide.
- If you are infected with the virus, the symptoms may arise after just one day but may also take up to two weeks to appear.
- The coronavirus is transmitted by saliva or by inhaling droplets released by coughing, yawning or sneezing. If saliva or droplets come into contact with objects, transmission can also take place by touching these objects. As a result, make sure that you regularly wash and disinfect your hands.
- Scientific researchers are experimenting with promising cures and possible vaccines. Until these treatment options are available, the best method of stopping the spread is to not get sick. Please follow the measures recommended by the authorities.